Monday, March 16, 2009

Events

So I realize this is late in the game to suggest, and depending on the weather, getting people outside might not be the easiest thing, but I had a last minute idea for events. While home and preparing for the upcoming events, I was digging around in my trunk and found a Frisbee, and then remembered about Frisbee golf. For those that aren't familiar with this, there's a legitimate version, with driver discs and whatnot (I don't know how to play golf so that term is somewhat meaningless), and a not so legitimate version that Maggie and I have played which is more creative and much more fun. Basically you just take a regular Frisbee and decide on a hole, e.i. a light pole, and you take turns "putting" and lowest score wins. And to modify this further for a backyard, maybe do a miniature gold version and create some kind of obstacles or something, or maybe throw out that you need to use your non-dominant hand or something, just to make it a little harder. I dunno, just a thought. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Chris has frisbee golf discs and there's a range pretty close by, so if people are interested maybe we could go! Otherwise, I like the backyard version.. my sister and I used to play around the neighborhood with plastic plates (the kind you ate dinner off of when you were little), I love it!

    ReplyDelete